Fur Europe (Fur Europe)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
400,000€ - 499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 2.75 FTE (5)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 5
Meetings with European Commission: 9
Lobbying costs over the years:
Fur Europe (Fur Europe)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Fur Europe is an umbrella organisation covering the entire value chain of the European fur sector with activities in 28 European countries. Fur Europe is the result of a merger between the European Fur Breeders' Association and the European members of the International Fur Federation. Legally Fur Europe has taken over the accounts and the VAT number from EFBA.
Fur is a European core competence in terms of production, sales, design manufacturing and marketing of fur. From the ground-breaking animal welfare assessment programme WelFur to the established use of fur in the collections of the world's top designers, a high level of innovation in the various parts of the European fur sector's value chain is the driving force behind Europe's maintaining its world leading position. The European Fur sector sets the global standards from farm to catwalk, and at the centre at the European fur sector, Fur Europe's job is to facilitate the continued development of a historical and cultural European heritage in a responsible manner.
Fur Europe represents European fur farmers’, dressers and dyers, manufactures and retailers interests at both European and international institutions. To fulfill its mission, Fur Europe participates proactively in the development of a legislative framework and business conditions for the European fur sector.
The objectives is:
- Represent the interests of the European fur sector in Europe
- Promote awareness and knowledge of the European fur sector
- Maintain and enhance the European fur-farming sector as a worldwide leader of best standards and practices;
- Promote responsible wildlife management, conservation and protection;
- Promote fur in fashion;
- Provide support to members.
Animal Health Law, animal welfare legislation, environment policies, fashion related files (textile labeling), trade agreements and biodiversity.
Avenue des Arts 3-4-5
Tel: 0032 22091170
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
We are associate members of Copa-Cogeca. We are members of Euratex.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
CDG Rural Development#E03201 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3201 #Member #C#Commission Expert Group on Textile Names and Labelling#E02773 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=2773 #Observer #C#Rural Network's Assembly#E03277 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3277 #Member #C#Rural Network's Steering Group#E03278 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3278 #Member #C
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Agriculture and rural development Animal Welfare Strategy Textile Labeling Consumer Product Safety Agreement on International Humane Trapping Standards Invasive Alien Species Animal Health Package/Official Controls Seal trade ban
Meetings with European Commission9 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 25 Jun 2019 - Risto Artjoki - Animal welfare (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 06 Feb 2019 - Marco Valletta - Welfare of fur animals (DG Health)
- 02 Oct 2018 - Marco Valletta - DG SANTE mission to China (DG Health)
- 16 Nov 2017 - Director-General Timo Pesonen - Circular economy, priorities of Juncker Commission and Communication challenges (DG Communication)
- 29 Sep 2017 - Andrew Bianco - Invasive Alien Species (DG Environment)
- 25 Jan 2017 - Astrid Ladefoged - Seal product labelling (DG Environment)
- 28 Jun 2016 - Aurore Maillet - The EU seal regime (DG Environment)
- 13 Jul 2015 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - Fur sector (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 08 Apr 2015 - Marco Valletta - Animal Welfare (DG Health)