EDP - Energias de Portugal, SA (EDP)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
100,000€ - 199,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1 FTE (1)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 1
Meetings with European Commission: 18
Lobbying costs over the years:
EDP - Energias de Portugal, SA (EDP)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
EDP is a global energy company, leader in value creation, innovation and sustainability
EDP has operations in 14 countries and 4 continents, in the generation, distribution and marketing of electricity and gas. We have 12,000 employees, across Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Poland, Romania, Brazil, the U.S.A., Angola, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico and China. With over 11 million clients, we are at the forefront of innovation and renewable energies. We produce today the energy of tomorrow.
We work to provide you with increasingly clean, sustainable and global energy, in accordance with the principles we uphold.
INITIATIVE: Demonstrated by the behaviour and attitudes of our people.
TRUST: Of our shareholders, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
EXCELLENCE: In the way we deliver.
SUSTAINABILITY: For better quality of life for current and future generations.
INNOVATION: To create value in the different areas in which we operate.
EDP splits its commitments in 4 areas:
- We combine ethical conduct and professional standards, with enthusiasm and initiative and an emphasis on teamwork.
- We promote the development of skills and merit.
- We believe that a healthy work-life balance is fundamental for success.
- We always put ourselves in the place of our Customers when we take a decision.
- We listen to our Customers and respond simply and transparently.
- We seek to surprise our Customers by anticipating their needs.
- We take on the social and environmental responsibilities resulting from our operations, in order to contribute to the development of the regions in which we operate.
- We are sustainably reducing specific greenhouse gas emissions in the energy we produce.
- We actively promote energy efficiency.
- We fulfil our commitments to our shareholders.
- We lead through our ability to anticipate and deliver.
- We uphold standards of excellence in everything we do.
Clean energy package, specifically, wholesale and retail markets, renewable energies, DSO role, electric vehicle and self consumption Clean mobility package Multiannual Financial Framework Low-carbon economy roadmap for 2050
Avenida 24 de Julho, 12
Tel: 351 210028174
Square Meeus 35
Tel: 32 028953695
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with MEPs and representatives of EC
Meetings with European Commission18 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 27 Nov 2018 - Commissioner Carlos Moedas - Innovation in energy (DG Research)
- 27 Nov 2018 - Antonio Lowndes Marques De Araujo Vicente - Innovation in energy (DG Research)
- 27 Nov 2018 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - energy policy (DG Energy)
- 16 Oct 2018 - Commissioner Carlos Moedas - Meeting with Mr Luis Amado, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Portugal (DG Research)
- 19 Sep 2018 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Renewable energy (DG Climate & Energy)
- 09 Jul 2018 - Telmo Baltazar - Energy Union and Climate Strategy (DG Presidency)
- 20 Dec 2017 - Ivo Schmidt - windfloat project (DG Energy Union)
- 22 Nov 2016 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - ETS reform (DG Climate & Energy)
- 15 Nov 2016 - Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero Joachim Balke - Electricity Market Design (DG Climate & Energy)
- 10 Nov 2016 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Energy issues (DG Energy)
- 27 Sep 2016 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Energy policy (DG Energy)
- 30 Jun 2016 - Joachim Balke Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero - Market design package (DG Climate & Energy)
- 30 Jun 2016 - Joachim Balke - Market design (DG Climate & Energy)
- 09 Jun 2016 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Electricity Market Design (DG Climate & Energy)
- 23 Jun 2015 - Joachim Balke - Internal Electricity Market (DG Climate & Energy)
- 23 Jun 2015 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Internal Electricity Market (DG Climate & Energy)
- 15 Jun 2015 - Telmo Baltazar - Energy Union (DG Presidency)
- 11 Feb 2015 - Christian Linder - Energy Union (DG Energy Union)