European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
100,000€ - 199,999€
Lobbyists declared: 0.25 FTE (1)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 14
Lobbying costs over the years:
European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
ECFR is the first pan-European think-tank. Launched in October 2007, its objective is to conduct research and promote informed debate across Europe on the development of a coherent and effective European values-based foreign policy.
Three distinctive elements define ECFR's activitites:
1) A pan-European Council. ECFR has brought together a distinguished Council of over three hundred and thirty members - politicians, decision-makers, thinkers and business leaders from across Europe - which meets once a year as a full body. Members provide ECFR staff with advice and feedback and assist ECFR's activities within their own countries. The Council is chaired by Carl Bildt, Lykke Friis and Norbert Roettgen.
2) A physical presence in the main EU member states. Uniquely among European think-tanks, ECFR has offices in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Sofia and Warsaw. The offices are platforms for research, debate, and advocacy.
3) A distinctive research and policy development process. ECFR has brought together a team of distinguished researchers and practitioners from all over Europe to advance its objectives through innovative projects with a pan-European focus.
Foreign Affairs & Security Policy: Brexit; EU-US relations; EU-MENA relations; EU-Russia relations; EU-Western Balkans; migration; multilateralism
4th Floor. Tennyson House 159-165 Great Portland Street 159-165 Great Portland Street
London W1W 5PA,
Tel: 44 207227 6860
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Above figures show averages in line with pre-set value limits. Actual involvement is of 19 staff at on average 1.6% of their (FTE-)time
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission14 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 29 Apr 2020 - Executive Vice-President Margrethe Vestager - To discuss how to unlock Europe’s potential to act boldly and confidently in the digital age (DG A Europe Fit for the Digital Age)
- 06 Dec 2019 - Executive Vice-President Margrethe Vestager - Meeting with director European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR) (DG A Europe Fit for the Digital Age)
- 06 Nov 2017 - Head Of Task Force Michel Barnier - Meeting with the Task Force for the Preparation and Conduct of the Negotiations with the United Kingdom under Article 50 TEU (DG Task Force for Relations with the United Kingdom)
- 11 Oct 2017 - Johannes Noack Michael Doczy - Turkey (DG Budget and Administration)
- 20 Jul 2017 - Edward Bannerman - EU-China relations (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 19 Jul 2017 - Miguel Ceballos Baron - EU-China relations (DG Trade)
- 08 Sep 2016 - Martin Selmayr Clara Martinez Alberola - State of the Union 2016 (DG Presidency)
- 23 May 2016 - Miguel Ceballos Baron - trade relations with China (DG Trade)
- 23 May 2016 - Edward Bannerman - EU-China relations (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 26 Apr 2016 - Leon Delvaux - Market Economy Status for China (DG Presidency)
- 17 Mar 2016 - Zacharias Giakoumis - exchange of views (DG Humanitarian Aid)
- 06 Nov 2015 - Oliver Rentschler - Meeting focused on the organization's latest reports. (DG External Action)
- 03 Feb 2015 - Edward Bannerman - Priorities of the new commission (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 15 Jan 2015 - Denzil Davidson - Financial Services Policy (DG Euro & Financial Markets)