Warning! LobbyFacts is temporarily only showing data up to 19 September 2021. This is because from 20 September, the EU lobby register changed format and the register's secretariat is no longer providing complete and reliable daily data updates which LobbyFacts uses to keep up to date. This temporary problem has not affected LobbyFacts' archive facility, but for today's lobby data, please check the original EU lobby register. We hope the secretariat will remedy this soon, enabling us to launch a new improved and faster version of LobbyFacts.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
500,000€ - 599,999€
Lobbyists declared: 5 FTE (5)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 4
Meetings with European Commission: 30
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Founded in the year 2000 and relaunched in 2020 as DOT Europe, our association has developed in tandem with the rapid evolution of online services. Collectively our members provide Europe’s citizens and businesses with some of the internet’s most popular products, platforms and services. As the voice of the leading internet companies in Digital, Online and Tech in Europe, DOT Europe stands for an innovative, open and safe internet for Europe’s citizens and businesses. Our mission is to develop ideas and support policy initiatives that foster an innovative, open and safe internet for Europe’s citizens and businesses. As DOT Europe, we engage with EU policymakers, regulators, other stakeholders and the media. Our goal is to ensure that relevant policy debates are informed by the shared knowledge and expertise of our members and our team. Note: Dot Europe was previously known as EDiMA or the European Digital Media Association.
Digital Services Act; Intermediary Liability; AI; Product Liability; Consumer Omnibus; New Consumer Agenda; ePrivacy; GDPR; European Data Strategy; Platform to Business Regulation; Directive on Copyright in the DSM; Audiovisual Media Services Directive; Network and Information Security Directive; Proposal for Regulation on preventing the dissemination of Terrorist Content Online; European Democracy Action Plan; Disinformation; IPR Action Plan.
Rue du Trône 60
Tel: 32 26261990
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission30 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 16 Dec 2020 - Daniel Braun Renate Nikolay - EDAP,DSA (DG Values and Transparency)
- 23 Jul 2020 - Vice-President Věra Jourová - Covid disinformation, EDAP (DG Values and Transparency)
- 27 Mar 2020 - Vice-President Věra Jourová - Disinformation/COVID-19 (DG Values and Transparency)
- 27 Mar 2020 - Wojtek Talko Renate Nikolay Marie Frenay Kevin O'Connell Eduard Hulicius Daniel Braun Simona Constantin Monika Ladmanova - Disinformation/COVID-19 (DG Values and Transparency)
- 02 Feb 2020 - Werner Stengg - Digital package; Digital Services Act (DG A Europe Fit for the Digital Age)
- 13 Sep 2019 - Manuel Mateo-Goyet - Disinformation (DG Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth)
- 15 Nov 2018 - Manuel Mateo-Goyet - Copyright (DG Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth)
- 16 Oct 2018 - Marie Frenay - Meeting on Disinformation (DG Digital Single Market)
- 18 Oct 2017 - Manuel Mateo-Goyet - Copyright and AVMSD (DG Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth)
- 02 Oct 2017 - Lora Borissova Eric Peters Manuel Mateo-Goyet Carl-Christian Buhr - DSM (DG Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth)
- 30 Aug 2017 - Eduard Hulicius - Revision of EU consumer law directives (DG Justice)
- 06 Jul 2017 - Stig Joergen Gren - Platforms (DG Digital Single Market)
- 07 Mar 2017 - Juhan Lepassaar Stig Joergen Gren - DSM Strategy (DG Digital Single Market)
- 07 Mar 2017 - Stig Joergen Gren Juhan Lepassaar - DSM general, online platforms (DG Digital Single Market)
- 24 Oct 2016 - Stig Joergen Gren - Free flow of data initiative (DG Digital Single Market)
- 26 Sep 2016 - Alicja Magda Herbowska Szabolcs Horvath - Copyright proposal (DG Education)
- 20 Sep 2016 - Anna Herold - Digital Single Market (DG Digital Economy)
- 07 Jun 2016 - Thibaut Kleiner - Platform/Copyright (DG Digital Economy)
- 03 Dec 2015 - Simona Constantin Eduard Hulicius - Digital contracts proposal (DG Justice)
- 12 Oct 2015 - Anna Herold - copyright (DG Digital Economy)
- 29 Apr 2015 - Grzegorz Radziejewski - Digital Single Market (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 21 Apr 2015 - Pauline Rouch - Digital Single Market (DG Presidency)
- 20 Apr 2015 - Kevin O'Connell - Digital Single Market (DG Justice)
- 09 Mar 2015 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Digital Single Market, platforms (DG Digital Single Market)
- 09 Mar 2015 - Jasmin Battista Kamila Kloc - Digital Single Market, platforms (DG Digital Single Market)
- 05 Mar 2015 - Kaius Kristian Hedberg Fabrice Comptour - Digital Single Market (DG Internal Market)
- 03 Mar 2015 - Commissioner Tibor Navracsics - Digital Single Market, Copyright (DG Education)
- 03 Mar 2015 - Marlene Holzner - AVMS (DG Digital Economy)
- 03 Mar 2015 - Adrienn Kiraly - Digital Single Market, Copyright (DG Education)
- 30 Jan 2015 - Denzil Davidson - Financial Services Policy (DG Euro & Financial Markets)