Opel Automobile GmbH (Opel)
LobbyFacts currently only presents data from the EU lobby transparency register up to 19 September 2021. This is due to recent changes made by the EU register; we are working to present these on LobbyFacts as soon as possible.
This representative is currently not registered.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
400,000€ - 499,999€
Lobbyists declared: 1 FTE (3)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 1
Meetings with European Commission: 4
Lobbying costs over the years:
Opel Automobile GmbH (Opel)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Opel was founded by Adam Opel in Rüsselsheim, Germany in 1862 and is one of Europe’s largest automakers. Opel and its British sister brand Vauxhall sell over one million vehicles annually.
Opel is headquartered in Rüsselsheim. The company operates ten plants and three development and test centers in seven European countries. Opel/Vauxhall employs around 35,000 people in Europe. Opel and Vauxhall are present in over 50 countries.
Opel is since 2017 part of Groupe PSA (Peugeot S.A.) with following identification number in the Transparency Register: 39900807417-87.
- Light Duty Vehicle CO2 Emissions Reduction - Adaptations to Euro 6 emissions standards - Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS, C-ITS) - Light Duty Vehicle General Safety Regulation - Trade bilateral and multilateral negotiations - Brexit
Tel: 49 61 42 770
Opel Rue d'Idalie 11-13 Rue d'Idalie 11-13
Tel: 32 02 773 69 54
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Declared number of persons relate to 2017 Calendar year.
OPEL activities covered by the Register are currently (2018) being merged with Activities of Groupe PSA (Peugeot S.A.)
New situation will be fully reflected at next update.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
2017 memberships :
* European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA)
* American Chamber of Commerce EU (AmCham EU)
* British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium (BritCham)
* Verband der Automobilindustrie (VDA)
* BusinessEurope A&SG Group
Since Jan 1, 2018 Opel is not a Member anymore of ACEA and Amcham EU, but Opel's new parent company Groupe PSA is a member of ACEA.
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Working Group on Motor Vehicles#E01295 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=1295 #Not a member #C#Evaporative Emissions#Real Driving Emissions - Light Duty Vehicles#EU-World Harmonized Light-duty Vehicles Testing Procedure
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission4 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 26 Jun 2018 - Kaius Kristian Hedberg Rolf Carsten Bermig - steel safeguard (DG Internal Market)
- 14 Jul 2017 - Christian Linder - Presentation and discusson about decarbonisation of transport as well as Europe on the Move and Clean Energy for All Europeans - packages (DG Energy Union)
- 19 Jan 2017 - Commissioner Tibor Navracsics - Education and training of refugees (DG Education)
- 09 Dec 2014 - Maria Asenius Jon Nyman - TTIP (DG Trade)