LobbyFacts currently only presents data from the EU lobby transparency register up to 19 September 2021. This is due to recent changes made by the EU register; we are working to present these on LobbyFacts as soon as possible.
This representative is currently not registered.
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists declared: 5.5 FTE (7)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 4
Meetings with European Commission: 11
Lobbying costs over the years:
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
See our website for more.
SAFRAN is a leading international high-technology group operating in the aerospace (propulsion and equipment) and defence markets.
Safran SA is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris and is part of the CAC40 index.
Operating worldwide, SAFRAN has 92 000 employees in 2018 and annual sales of 21 billion euros (2018)
. Through this global presence SAFRAN not only enhances its competitiveness, but also builds industrial and commercial relations with the world’s leading prime contractors and operators, and provides fast, local services to customers around the world.Safran is present in 60 countries and Number 1 aircrfats Equipment manufacturer in Europe and Number 2 global player.
Main companies of SAFRAN are
SAE:Safran Aircrafts Engines (aircraft and satellite Mocket launcher engines),
SHE:Safran Helicopters Engines (helicopter engines),
SLS: Safran Landing Systems (landing gear and braking systems and services),
SEP: Safran Electrical and Power (electrical wiring systems, mechanical and electronic engineering),
SN: Safran Nacelles (aircraft engine nacelles),
SED: Safran Electronics and Defence (optronics, avionics and electronics solutions)
Trade: FTAs, FDI screening Competition Policy, Aviation Policy, Security EASA, Bilateral BASA Horizon Europe Research program European Defence Fund ETS, environment Apprentiship, Employment Space
boulevard du Général Martial Valin, 2
Paris 75724 Cedex 15
Tel: 33 01 40 60 80 80
Safran Brussels Office Rue de l'Industrie 4
Tel: 32 28939751
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
The European affairs office employs four persons full time and 3 part time. 3 are based in the Brussels office full-time. They rely on a network of company and country experts.
Most Safran actors in European affairs are managers or experts whose main mission is industrial/business and who occasionnaly provide their technical expertise in debates or consultations on various topics.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Aerospace and Defence Industries Association of Europe (ASD)
Cercle des Délégués permanents français (CDPF)
Business Europe (Bruxelles)
Club Europe et Défense
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Sky and Space Intergroup Strategic Investments
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Main topics of interest include (not limitative): The European framework programme for R&T Industrial policies The European space policy and programmes European Defence and Foreign Policy Air transport policies and programmes; European Aviation Safety Agency, ATM Environment protection and climate change policies Skills and CSR Trade and Investment Policies
Meetings with European Commission11 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 17 Jun 2019 - Joshua Salsby - Paris Air Show visit 2019 (DG Transport)
- 17 Jun 2019 - Commissioner Violeta Bulc - Paris Air Show visit 2019 (DG Transport)
- 19 Oct 2018 - Robert Schröder - R&I in electric aviation (DG Research)
- 12 Oct 2018 - Robert Schröder - Horizon Europe (DG Research)
- 26 Apr 2018 - Joshua Salsby - Aviation issues (DG Transport)
- 26 Apr 2018 - Manuel Nobre Goncalves - Aeronautics in FP9 (DG Research)
- 05 Dec 2017 - Antonio Lowndes Marques De Araujo Vicente Manuel Nobre Goncalves - Clean Sky (DG Research)
- 20 Jul 2016 - Tomasz Husak Fabrice Comptour - Introductory meeting, defence, space, global security strategy, defence action plan space strategy, ADSL (DG Internal Market)
- 20 Jul 2016 - Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska - Introductory meeting, defence, space, global security strategy, defence action plan space strategy, ADSL (DG Internal Market)
- 19 Apr 2016 - Juraj Nociar Christian Linder - Energy Union (DG Energy Union)
- 25 Jan 2016 - Director-General Henrik Hololei - Aviation strategy (DG Mobility and Transport)