Centre for European Reform (CER)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,750,000€ - 1,999,999€
Lobbyists declared: 14 FTE (14)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 0
Meetings with European Commission: 30
Lobbying costs over the years:
Centre for European Reform (CER)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
The Centre for European Reform is a think-tank devoted to making the European Union work better and strengthening its role in the world. The CER is pro-European but not uncritical. We regard European integration as largely beneficial but recognise that in many respects the Union does not work well. We also think that the EU should take on more responsibilities globally, on issues ranging from climate change to security. The CER aims to promote an open, outward-looking and effective European Union.
The Centre for European Reform covers a wide range of policies and legislative files related to our main areas of interest. These include, but are not restricted to: • EU economic and financial policies: the euro and the Eurozone, single market & competition policy, growth and competitiveness, financial services and regulation, trade policy, labour markets, education and skills, research and innovation • EU energy and climate policies: energy security, energy markets and climate change • EU foreign and defence policy • EU neighbourhood and enlargement policies • EU regional policies • EU budgetary policies • Institutional structure and relationships • EU treaties • EU Justice and Home Affairs policies: internal security, freedom of movement, police and judicial co-operation, migration and asylum policies • EU relationships with member-states: EU-UK relationships
Great College Street, 14
London SW1P 3RX,
Tel: 44 2072331199
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Meetings with European Commission30 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 21 Nov 2017 - Martin Selmayr - Future of Europe (DG Presidency)
- 06 Nov 2017 - Chief Negotiator Michel Barnier - Meeting with the Task Force for the Preparation and Conduct of the Negotiations with the United Kingdom under Article 50 TEU (DG Michel Barnier)
- 22 Sep 2017 - Martin Selmayr - Future of Europe (DG Presidency)
- 21 Sep 2017 - Director-General Christian Danielsson - Discussion about Neighbourhood and Enlargement negociations (DG European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations)
- 21 Sep 2017 - Anna-Lena Zademach-Schwierz Tomas Nejdl - Structural Funds and rule of law (DG Regional Policy)
- 13 Sep 2017 - Director-General Alfred Matthias Ruete - Discussion on Migration and Asylum (DG Home Affairs)
- 23 Aug 2017 - Richard Szostak - Brexit (DG Presidency)
- 27 Jun 2017 - Director-General Alfred Matthias Ruete - 5th Meeting of the Amato Group: External Dimension of Migration Management (DG Home Affairs)
- 11 Apr 2017 - Miguel Ceballos Baron - Trade policy (DG Trade)
- 11 Apr 2017 - Commissioner Cecilia Malmström - Trade policy (DG Trade)
- 01 Mar 2017 - Chief Negotiator Michel Barnier - Meeting with the Task Force for the Preparation and Conduct of the Negotiations with the United Kingdom under Article 50 TEU (DG Michel Barnier)
- 27 Feb 2017 - Secretary-General Alexander Italianer - EU general affairs (DG Secretariat-General)
- 20 Jan 2017 - Martin Selmayr - Current EU policy issues (DG Presidency)
- 23 Nov 2016 - Commissioner Pierre Moscovici - Dinner hosted by the Centre for European Reform and CityUK to discuss the economic and political outlook for the EU and the eurozone in 2017. (DG Economics & Tax)
- 08 Nov 2016 - Martin Selmayr - Current EU policy issues (DG Presidency)
- 07 Sep 2016 - Martin Selmayr - Current EU policy issues and the UK situation (DG Presidency)
- 26 Apr 2016 - Bernd Biervert - Security of Gas Supply (DG Energy Union)
- 13 Apr 2016 - Chantal Hughes - Overview of EU Financial issues (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 03 Feb 2016 - Martin Selmayr - Current EU policy issues, UK negotiations. (DG Presidency)
- 02 Dec 2015 - Director-General Jonathan Faull - UK Referendum (DG Secretariat-General)
- 01 Dec 2015 - Martin Selmayr - Five Presidents' Report, British question (DG Presidency)
- 15 Sep 2015 - Director-General Jonathan Faull - UK Referendum (DG Secretariat-General)
- 15 Sep 2015 - Simon O'Connor - future of EMU (Economic and Monetary Union) (DG Economics & Tax)
- 15 Sep 2015 - Martin Selmayr - Current EU Policy Issues (DG Presidency)
- 15 Sep 2015 - Commissioner Pierre Moscovici - future of EMU (Economic and Monetary Union) (DG Economics & Tax)
- 10 Feb 2015 - Stefano Manservisi - Relation with professional associations (DG External Action)
- 09 Feb 2015 - Denzil Davidson - Financial Services Policy (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 27 Jan 2015 - Michelle Sutton - CWP and better regulation (DG Better Regulation)
- 27 Jan 2015 - Head of the EPSC Ann Mettler - Challenges facing the Commission and the EU in the next five years (DG European Political Strategy Centre)
- 27 Jan 2015 - Martin Selmayr - Current EU Policy Issues (DG Presidency)