Open Society European Policy Institute (OSEPI)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,500,000€ - 1,749,000€
Lobbyists declared: 19 FTE (19)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 7
Meetings with European Commission: 54
Lobbying costs over the years:
Open Society European Policy Institute (OSEPI)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
OSEPI is the EU policy arm of the Open Society Foundations, a private foundation that has worked for three decades to promote vibrant and tolerant democracies.
OSEPI works to influence EU policies based on our vision that open society values are at the heart of what the EU does, as a policy maker and as a funder, both inside and outside the European Union.
The Brussels team provides evidence, argument, and recommendations to policy makers in EU institutions and member states, drawn from the Open Society Foundations' work in nearly 100 countries.
OSEPI in Brussels follows all EU initiatives, policies and legislative files likely to have an impact on open society values inside and outside Europe. The foundations’ priorities include human rights, justice, and accountability pursued through a wide range of policy areas including health, media, information, youth, and education.
Rue du Trone, 130
Tel: 322 5054646
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
HRDN (Human Rights and Democracy Network); EFC (European Foundation Centre); EPC (European Policy Centre); Friends of Europe
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
EU High Level Group on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance#E03425 #http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regexpert/index.cfm?do=groupDetail.groupDetail&groupID=3425 #Member #C
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Anti-racism and diversity; Extreme poverty and human rights; Integrity - Transparency, anti- corruption and organised crime
Industry forums (European Parliament)
OSEPI’s office in Brussels carries out advocacy vis-a-vis the European institutions and EU member states. Our office aims to ensure that the European Union, EU member states, and other governmental organisations based in Europe put human rights and open society values at the heart of all their policies. Our office is in regular contact with key EU policy-makers at the EEAS, the European Commission, the European Council, the Council of the European Union, Permanent Representations of EU member states, Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) and other EU institutional actors. We focus on a range of European policies including: • Equality and anti-discrimination • EU foreign policy and Human rights • Security and human rights • Asylum and refugee protection • Fair financial practices for private and public sector • Migration policy • EU Eastern Partnership • European Neighbourhood Policy • Human rights and rule of law
Meetings with European Commission54 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 05 May 2020 - Commissioner Ylva Johansson - Migrants’ challenges in the current COVID-19 crisis and their contribution to economic recovery (DG Home Affairs)
- 05 May 2020 - Alexandra Cupsan-Catalin - Migrants’ challenges in the current COVID-19 crisis and their contribution to economic recovery (DG Home Affairs)
- 20 Apr 2020 - Commissioner Helena Dalli - Roma inclusion, Impact of COVID-19 crisis on Roma (DG Equality)
- 20 Apr 2020 - Vice-President Věra Jourová - Roma inclusion, impact of COVID19 crisis on Roma (DG Values and Transparency)
- 20 Apr 2020 - Monika Ladmanova - Roma inclusion, impact of COVID19 crisis on Roma (DG Values and Transparency)
- 18 Mar 2020 - Commissioner Helena Dalli - Roma equality and inclusion (DG Equality)
- 03 Feb 2020 - Monika Ladmanova - European Democracy Action Plan (DG Values and Transparency)
- 20 Jan 2020 - Silvan Agius - situation for Roma persons in Europe, introductory meeting (DG Equality)
- 09 Jan 2020 - Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans - Green Deal and external relations (DG European Green Deal)
- 19 Nov 2019 - Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis - Workforce mobility (DG Health)
- 09 Sep 2019 - Director-General Christian Danielsson - Neihgbourhood policies and Enlargement negotiations (DG European Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations)
- 09 Nov 2018 - Secretary-General Martin Selmayr - Intervention on future European policies concerning digital transformation in the European Union. (DG Secretariat-General)
- 23 Sep 2018 - Commissioner Christos Stylianides - Humanitarian challenges in Africa (DG Humanitarian Aid)
- 23 Sep 2018 - Mathieu Briens Sohail Luka - Humanitarian challenges in Africa (DG Humanitarian Aid)
- 13 Jul 2018 - Jani Taivalantti - Current situation in Armenia (DG External Action)
- 24 Apr 2018 - Jani Taivalantti - Developments in the implementation of the EU-Moldova Association Agreement and reforms (DG External Action)
- 16 Feb 2018 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - conditionality (DG Digital Economy)
- 01 Feb 2018 - Commissioner Margrethe Vestager - EU Policy (DG Competition)
- 31 Jan 2018 - Commissioner Pierre Moscovici - Meeting with George Soros to discuss current European political- and policy issues. (DG Economics & Tax)
- 16 Jan 2018 - Markus Schulte - MFF (DG Digital Economy)
- 10 Nov 2017 - Commissioner Margrethe Vestager - EU Current Affairs (DG Competition)
- 01 Jun 2017 - Karolina Leib Massimo Suardi - Future of Eurozone (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 01 Jun 2017 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - Future of Eurozone (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 31 May 2017 - Commissioner Christos Stylianides - Refugee Crisis (DG Humanitarian Aid)
- 31 May 2017 - Commissioner Pierre Moscovici - the future of the EU’s economic and monetary union post-Brexit, including Eurozone governance, and broader questions around the future of Europe debate. (DG Economics & Tax)
- 18 May 2017 - Anna-Maria Elleni Boura - EU-Western Balkans Relations (DG External Action)
- 27 Apr 2017 - Michael Shotter Pauline Rouch - EU Affairs and EU Civil Society (DG Presidency)
- 27 Apr 2017 - President Jean-Claude Juncker - EU Affairs and EU Civil Society (DG Presidency)
- 26 Apr 2017 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Roma issues (DG Justice)
- 26 Apr 2017 - Monika Ladmanova - Roma issues (DG Justice)
- 25 Apr 2017 - Director-General Stefano Manservisi - Exchange of ideas (DG International Cooperation and Development)
- 26 Jan 2017 - Michael Doczy - judiciary, equality reform (DG Budget and Administration)
- 19 Jan 2017 - Commissioner Pierre Moscovici - Economic and policy outlook in the US and Europe (DG Economics & Tax)
- 16 Dec 2016 - Michael Curtis - Egypt (DG External Action)
- 16 Nov 2016 - Monika Ladmanova - Education (DG Justice)
- 02 Mar 2016 - Angelina Gros-Tchorbadjiyska - Meeting with Ms Kinga Goncz (DG Budget)
- 02 Mar 2016 - Director-General Michel Servoz - Situation of Roma in South-Eastern Europe (DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion)
- 25 Feb 2016 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Ukraine and access to the legal aid (DG Justice)
- 25 Feb 2016 - Monika Ladmanova - Ukraine and access to the legal aid (DG Justice)
- 11 Dec 2015 - Iwona Piorko Bermig - Meeting with Armenian experts (DG External Action)
- 17 Nov 2015 - Sofia Asteriadi Milica Petrovic - Refugee crisis (DG Home Affairs)
- 17 Nov 2015 - Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis - EU response to refugee crisis and reform progress in Ukraine. (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 17 Nov 2015 - Tatyana Panova - EU response to refugee crisis and reform progress in Ukraine. (DG Euro & Financial Markets)
- 17 Nov 2015 - Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos - Refugee crisis (DG Home Affairs)
- 11 Jun 2015 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Progress on Roma inclusion (DG Justice)
- 21 Mar 2015 - Vice-President Kristalina Georgieva - Meeting with George Soros in margins of GMF Forum Brussels (DG Budget)
- 20 Mar 2015 - President Jean-Claude Juncker - Meeting with George Soros (DG Presidency)
- 20 Mar 2015 - Commissioner Christos Stylianides - Situation in Ukraine and support from the EU (DG Humanitarian Aid)
- 19 Mar 2015 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Roma issues (DG Justice)
- 19 Feb 2015 - Gabriel - Calin Onaca Dragos Bucurenci - Regional development and the de-institutionalisation agenda (DG Regional Policy)
- 16 Feb 2015 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Equal Treatment Directive (DG Justice)
- 28 Jan 2015 - Iwona Piorko Bermig - Meeting with Deputy Director of Ukraine Foundation, Ms Inna Pidluska (DG External Action)
- 09 Dec 2014 - Commissioner Věra Jourová - Non-discrimination policies (DG Justice)
- 04 Dec 2014 - Hanna Jahns - Governance issues in the neighbourhood (DG Budget and Administration)