Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS)
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
less than 10.000€
Lobbyists declared: 49.5 FTE (52)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 2
Meetings with European Commission: 39
Lobbying costs over the years:
Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS)
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Founded in Brussels in 1983, the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) is among the most experienced and authoritative think tanks operating in the European Union. CEPS serves as a leading forum for debate on EU affairs, but its most distinguishing feature lies in its strong in-house research capacity, complemented by an extensive network of partner institutes throughout the world.
CEPS is an independent, not-for-profit institution that provides high-quality research without promoting the (financial) interests of any other organisation or company.
To carry out state-of-the-art policy research leading to solutions to the challenges facing Europe
To achieve high standards of academic excellence and maintain unqualified independence
To provide a forum for discussion among all stakeholders in the European policy process
To build collaborative networks of researchers, policy-makers, NGO and business representatives across the whole of Europe
To disseminate our findings and views through a regular flow of publications and public events
CEPS carries out its research via its own in-house research programmes and through collaborative research networks involving the active participation of other highly reputable institutes and specialists:
Economic & Social Welfare Policies
Energy & Climate Change
EU Neighbourhood, Foreign & Security Policy
Financial Markets & Institutions
Justice & Home Affairs
Politics & European Institutions
Trade Developments & Agricultural Policy
Brexit, EU Multiannual Financial Framework, European Fund for Strategic Investment, Circular Economy, Cybersecurity, EMU governance
Place du Congrès, 1
Tel: 32 22293911
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
CEPS employs a large number of researchers who produce a wide range of reports, studies and other publications which contain policy recommendations with the aim of contributing to better EU decision-making.
CEPS also organises a large number of seminars, workshops and conferences to disseminate its policy proposals and debate the latest policy developments with EU officials and practitioners in different areas.
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
CEPS coordinates several networks of policy-research institutes across Europe. Among them: the European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes (ENEPRI), the European Policy Institutes Network (EPIN), the European Climate Platform (ECP)
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Full specified budget
View the full specified budget for this organisation on the Transparency Register website.
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
EU Economic Policy; EU Financial Supervision; EU asylum and immigration policy; EU energy policy; EU Climate Change policy; EU Regulatory Policy; EU neighbourhood policy; EU common foreign and security policy
Meetings with European Commission39 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 18 May 2017 - Juhan Lepassaar - presentation of Transatlantic Digital Economy study (DG Digital Single Market)
- 08 May 2017 - Stefano Grassi - The Future of Europe (DG Presidency)
- 27 Feb 2017 - Luc Tholoniat Clara Martinez Alberola Martin Selmayr - EPSC High Level Policy lunch : The Future of Europe, Charting a New Course at a Critical Moment (DG Presidency)
- 27 Jan 2017 - Robert Schröder - CEPS Ideas Lab 2017 (DG Research)
- 26 Jan 2017 - Riccardo Maggi Sara Nelen - Energy, Climate Change & Sustainable Development (DG Better Regulation)
- 26 Jan 2017 - Christian Linder - Clean Energy for All Europeans - Package (DG Energy Union)
- 26 Jan 2017 - Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič - Clean Energy for All Europeans - Package (DG Energy Union)
- 14 Dec 2016 - Isabelle Perignon - e-evidence (DG Justice)
- 20 Oct 2016 - Commissioner Cecilia Malmström - update on latest trade matters (DG Trade)
- 13 Sep 2016 - Director-General Jos Delbeke - 2030 Climate and Energy Framework (DG Climate Action)
- 08 Jul 2016 - Director-General Xavier Prats Monné - Preparation of the role of the EU semester in health policies (DG Health and Food Safety)
- 09 Jun 2016 - Joachim Balke - Market Design (DG Climate & Energy)
- 03 Jun 2016 - Commissioner Cecilia Malmström - Reinfeldt Initiative (DG Trade)
- 17 May 2016 - Director-General Anne Bucher - Conference on "Aligning Policies for Low-Carbon Systemi Innovation in Europe (DG Secretariat-General)
- 18 Mar 2016 - Paulina Dejmek Hack - Conference - Exchange of views on Single Supervisory Mechanism Review (DG Presidency)
- 17 Mar 2016 - Director-General Jos Delbeke - COP21 follow up (DG Climate Action)
- 04 Mar 2016 - Director-General Olivier Guersent - CEPS reports, EU FSMA agenda (DG Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union)
- 18 Feb 2016 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - Market design (DG Climate & Energy)
- 08 Feb 2016 - Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete - cross-border transportation electricity and gas in the EU (DG Climate & Energy)
- 26 Nov 2015 - Kim-Tobias Eling - EU External Relations (DG Humanitarian Aid)
- 24 Nov 2015 - Oliver Rentschler Igor Driesmans - Meeting focusing on the CEPS' preparation of a policy brief assessing the joined-up approach to EU external action with a specific focus on the role of the Commissioners’ Group on External Action (DG External Action)
- 24 Nov 2015 - Irena Andrassy - The role and functioning of the Commissioners’ Group on External Action and of the inter-service cooperation in EU external action (DG Development)
- 09 Nov 2015 - Head of the EPSC Ann Mettler - Think tank engagement (DG European Political Strategy Centre)
- 22 Oct 2015 - Secretary-General Alexander Italianer - The role of think tanks in EU policy making (DG Secretariat-General)
- 05 Oct 2015 - Director-General Marianne Klingbeil - Better Regulation (DG Secretariat-General)
- 24 Sep 2015 - Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero Joachim Balke - High-Level Group on Energy Infrastructure in Europe (DG Climate & Energy)
- 08 Sep 2015 - Director-General Jonathan Faull - UK Referendum (DG Secretariat-General)
- 01 Sep 2015 - First Vice-President Frans Timmermans - EU policy current affairs (DG Better Regulation)
- 09 Jul 2015 - Anna Herold - copyright, geoblocking (DG Digital Economy)
- 05 May 2015 - Miguel Gil Tertre - Investment Initiative (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 05 May 2015 - Vice-President Jyrki Katainen - Investment Initiative (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 23 Mar 2015 - Director-General Dominique Ristori - Energy Union (DG Energy)
- 17 Feb 2015 - Kamila Kloc - Digital Single Market Strategy (DG Digital Single Market)
- 17 Feb 2015 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Digital Single Market Strategy (DG Digital Single Market)
- 03 Feb 2015 - Manuel Szapiro - Energy Union Ideas lab (DG Energy Union)
- 11 Dec 2014 - Silvia Bartolini - Introductory Meeting - Energy Union (DG Climate & Energy)
- 11 Dec 2014 - Telmo Baltazar - Energy union (DG Presidency)
- 08 Dec 2014 - Telmo Baltazar - Meeting on Energy policy and regulation & Climate change policy (DG Presidency)
- 01 Dec 2014 - Miguel Gil Tertre - Investment Initiative (DG Jobs & Growth)