Samsung Electronics Europe
WARNING: As this organisation lists one or more EP accredited lobbyists, it is highly improbable that its lobbying costs are lower than €10,000.
WARNING: The lobbying costs declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
1,000,000€ - 1,249,999€
Lobbyists declared: 4.5 FTE (8)
WARNING: The number of full time equivalent lobbyists declared by this organisation are extraordinarily high and may therefore have been over-declared.
Lobbyists with EP accreditation: 2
Meetings with European Commission: 24
Lobbying costs over the years:
Samsung Electronics Europe
Registration on EU Transparency Register
Goals / Remit
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. is an electronics and information technology company headquartered in Seoul, South Korea with sales networks and assembly plants in global sites across the world.
Samsung Electronics Europe is trading as Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales, and its sole shareholder is Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. situated in South Korea.
The declaration in the transparency register is meant to reflect the public affairs activities of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and its subsidiaries in the EU.
AI Green deal and sustainability Intellectual Property Copyright Product Safety - Consumer Product Safety and Market Surveillance Privacy - General Data Protection Regulation Security - EU Cybersecurity Act Trade - EU Customs rules, EU-US Tax - Corporate Tax, Digital Tax VAT
Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive Hillswood Drive
Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS
Tel: 44 1932455231
Rue de la Loi 82
Tel: 32 27119010
Lobbyists with EP accreditation
Person in charge of EU relations
Person with legal responsibility
Procurement from EU institutions
Grants from EU institutions
Total public financing
Other financial information
There are no notes attached to this organisation.
Expert groups (European Commission)
Intergroups (European Parliament)
Industry forums (European Parliament)
Engagement with members of the EU institutions on topics from the fields of the interest as checked below.
Meetings with European Commission24 meetings found.
The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.
- 04 Dec 2019 - Dermot Ryan - EU-Vietnam FTA, WTO and the future trade relations with the UK (DG Trade)
- 10 Apr 2019 - Robert Schröder - Regional innovation policy (DG Research)
- 15 Nov 2018 - Maria Asenius Nele Eichhorn - Possible safeguards (DG Trade)
- 17 Nov 2016 - Hanna Hinrikus Maximilian Strotmann - Meeting with Samsung Electronics on 5G, standards, data, e-governance (DG Digital Single Market)
- 17 Nov 2016 - Vice-President Andrus Ansip - Meeting with Samsung Electronics on 5G, standards, data, e-governance (DG Digital Single Market)
- 15 Nov 2016 - Hanna Hinrikus - Prep-meeting for mission of VP Ansip to Seoul in November 2016 (DG Digital Single Market)
- 19 Sep 2016 - Thibaut Kleiner - DSM, standardisation (DG Digital Economy)
- 19 Sep 2016 - Maximilian Strotmann - standardisation, international, IoT (DG Digital Single Market)
- 19 Sep 2016 - Friedrich Wenzel Bulst - Standardisation, International, IoT (DG Competition)
- 02 May 2016 - Oliver Rentschler - Meeting on current relations between the EU and Egypt. (DG External Action)
- 20 Nov 2015 - Commissioner Günther Oettinger - Digital transformation of the European industry (DG Digital Economy)
- 17 Sep 2015 - Inge Bernaerts - Employment and social initiatives in Europe (DG Employment)
- 16 Jul 2015 - Nele Eichhorn Maria Asenius - Turkey safeguard measures (DG Trade)
- 02 Jul 2015 - Commissioner Carlos Moedas - DSM, Copyright, Internet of things (DG Research)
- 29 Jun 2015 - Kamila Kloc Hanna Hinrikus - Digital Skills (DG Digital Single Market)
- 10 Jun 2015 - Acting Director-General Stephen Quest - Executive dialogue (DG Informatics)
- 07 May 2015 - Juhan Lepassaar Stig Joergen Gren - mHealth and Internet of Things (DG Digital Single Market)
- 16 Apr 2015 - Juho Romakkaniemi - Investment Plan (DG Jobs & Growth)
- 16 Apr 2015 - Annika Nowak - e-Health (DG Health)
- 27 Mar 2015 - Maria Asenius Jon Nyman - The Information Technology Agreement negotiations, the EU-Korea FTA, and other trade files relevant for the electronics/ICT sector. (DG Trade)
- 04 Mar 2015 - Renate Nikolay - Data protection legislation (DG Justice)
- 18 Feb 2015 - Anna Herold - copyright (DG Digital Economy)
- 27 Jan 2015 - Director-General Robert Madelin - Juncker Priorities and Digital Single Market (DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- 18 Dec 2014 - Rodrigo Ballester - Digital education and investment package (DG Education)